T-Mobile Arena Information
- Groundbreaking: May 1, 2014
- Opening: April 6, 2016
- Owner: T-Mobile Arena, owned by AEG and MGM Resorts International
- Operator: MGM Resorts International
- Sales Agent: AEG
- Project Manager: ICON Venue Group
- Architect: Populous
- Construction Manager: Hunt-Penta Joint Venture
- Functions: Multipurpose Entertainment venue available to host NBA and NHL teams, concerts, boxing, mixed martial arts, award shows and other major events
- Project Cost: $375 million
- Site Acreage: Approximately 16 acres
- Arena Square Footage: 650,000 square feet
- Events: 100 to 150 annually
- Sustainable Design: Designed for U.S. Green Building Council LEED Gold Certification
T-Mobile Arena is a multi-use indoor arena on the Las Vegas Strip in Las Vegas, Nevada. The arena opened on April 6, 2016, it is a joint venture between MGM Resorts International and the Anschutz Entertainment Group.
The arena will be the official home for the NHL hockey team the Vegas Golden Knights. The hockey matches will begin play in 2017.
Since the opening of the T-Mobile Arena it has primarily been used for entertainment events such as concerts, and has been booked for one-off combat sports events, and other annual sporting events.
The 20,000-seat T-Mobile Arena hosts exciting, world-class events with something for everyone – from UFC, boxing, hockey, basketball and bull riding to high-profile awards shows and top-name concerts.
May 1, 2014
T-Mobile Arena is the destination in Las Vegas for live events – from amazing music acts to thrilling sporting events – it has set a new standard for what entertainment means in the city that does it best. The 20,000-seat T-Mobile Arena hosts exciting, world-class events with something for everyone – from UFC, boxing, hockey, basketball and bull riding to high-profile awards shows and top-name concerts.